Canna Milk Recipe
1 pot and 2 mason jars, or a double boiler
1 stick of unsalted butter (4 oz.)
3.5 Tablespoons light brown sugar (or vegan substitute)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
20 grams decarboxylated & ground cannabis
* Heat-up oven to 245 degrees.
- Put cannabis, butter, and sugar in an oven-safe bowl or mason jar.
- Place the mixture into the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven; stir ingredients together cook for another 10 minutes.
- Strain with cheesecloth or coffee filter (if using a pot).
- Put the strained mixture on the stovetop over medium heat cook until it reaches desired thickness (around 15-20 minutes).
- Let canna milk cool to room temperature before serving
- Grind cannabis as finely as possible; this is important because you don't want any chunks of ground flower getting through your strainer!
- If you are using a double boiler, make sure that when you add milk mixture, you are very careful because the steam of the double boiler can burn you if not being attentive. And for this reason, I recommend using a cup to pour the milk mixture into another container at the end.
When canna milk is done, it's crispy on top and nice and warm underneath. After refrigeration, the cream separates from the greens, but that is easily fixable by shaking or mixing them up before drinking. If one were so inclined, they could get fancy and make their whole raw milk (google raw milk) which has not been pasteurized under high heat, thus preserving more nutrients.
- 1/2 cup decarbed coconut butter or 4 tablespoons coconut oil + 1/4 cup water (how-to decarb)
- 1/2-3/4 cup water (depending on desired creaminess)
- 3 tablespoons raw honey, xylitol, or erythritol to taste (optional - omit if vegan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or 1/2 tsp cardamom powder & 3 drops stevia glycerite (optional)
Makes about 2 cups. Double recipe for high potency. It serves 2-4, depending on how much of a milk drinker you are. It can be used with tea or coffee as well as hot chocolate.
- In a double boiler, melt coconut butter until it becomes liquid.
- Remove from heat and stir in the rest of the ingredients (if using).
- Pour milk mixture into the blender.
- Blend on high to froth up the milk (I used 1/2 cup water; you may need more or less depending on how powerful your blender is, but start with less and add more if it's not bubbly enough for you).
As you blend, the hot liquid will expand in the blender, so don't overfill, or it will explode everywhere when you turn it on!
Pour blended milk back into the double boiler. Bring back to a gentle simmer, frequently stirring until the desired temperature is reached. Stir in sweetener if using any, decarbed coconut butter, cardamom powder & stevia glycerite if using.
Cannamilk can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week. Then, shake or mix well before drinking. You can also add some chocolate powder and make a hot chocolate drink!
Nutrition Info: per 1 cup serving
Calories 155 Carbs 19g
Fat 11 g - Saturated 9g