What is Cannabis Honey? | How to make Canna honey at home?
In simple terms, Canna honey is THC-infused honey. Canna honey is a necessary addition to any cannabis enthusiast's pantry. Honey, in general, is also healthier than sugar, although cannabis can be combined with sugar as well.
Marijuana and its effects on your body are different from when it's smoked/vaped or eaten. The process for making edibles first involves infusing THC into butter, sugar, oil, and other cooking mediums. The psychoactive compound THC is extracted from the plant material and transformed into an edible form.
In this article, we will discuss what canna honey is, how you can make your own canna honey and its health benefits.
What is canna honey? Can Cannahoney get you high?
As Canna honey is just THC-infused honey, it can definitely get you high. It can be used in recipes or consumed as it is.
The best part about using a material like honey is the fact that instead of dank and strong weed smell, all your preparations will have that sweet, intoxicating aroma that honey possesses.
How to make canna honey:
You will need:
- A saucepan
- Glass jar
- Fine strainer
- 2 cups of Honey
- 8 grams Cannabis trim or buds
How much honey will I get | How much time will it take?
- This recipe is for 2 cups of infused honey. The Prep time will take about 45 minutes to 1 hour, including the decarboxylation of the weed.
- Total cooking time depends on the method you use to cook: It will take around 8 hours for a slow cooker or crockpot, and about 1 hour for the standard stove.
Steps to create cannahoney:
Decarboxylation, or the decarbing has to be done first.
This will convert inactive THCA, naturally present in pot buds, to activated THC, hence making the weed psychoactive.
Follow these steps for decarboxylation:
- To make canna honey, you will need to decarboxylate your cannabis.
- Grind the cannabis into a fine powder using a grinder or food processor.
- Preheat your oven to 240F degrees. Spread the cannabis on an oven-safe tray and bake for 30 to 45-ish minutes.
After Decarboxylation, follow these cooking instructions:
- In a saucepan, combine the honey and the decarbed ground cannabis.
- Cook over low heat for about two hours, stirring occasionally.
- Be sure not to let the mixture boil.
- After two hours, remove from heat and strain through a fine strainer.
- Discard the plant material and funnel the canna honey into a glass jar.
- In case you're using a crockpot, a temperature of 200°F and about 8 hours cooking should do the trick.
Precautions for storing canna honey
- As honey naturally has a long shelf life, canna honey can be stored at room temperature for several months.
- Make sure you mark the container with the cannahoney visibly and clearly, to ensure no one eats it by mistake.
- If you have kids around the house, make sure to keep honey out of the hands of children.
- As cannabis is also very harmful to pets, make sure your weed is in a safe space where they cannot accidentally eat some.
Dosage| How much cannahoney should you use?
- The level of high you get depends on what strain you've used. If you're using a strain high in THC, make sure you dose a little the first time and increase it with time.
- Our recommendation is to start dosing with a half spoon and take it forward from there.
- You can eat the honey as it is or combine it with your favorite cake or brownie recipe.
What are the health benefits of canna honey?
- Honey has antioxidants and antimicrobial properties, which can help treat wounds by providing relief from pain, inflammation, and preventing infection.
- Honey is also a natural sweetener without any calories! You can use the cannasugar you've made and use it in teas, baking, and wherever else you use sugar. Thank us later!
- As it has THC, canna honey can also be used to treat anxiety, depression, and insomnia. More doctors are now prescribing edibles as weed helps increase appetite, in addition to pain relief. This is especially useful for people going through heavy medical treatments like cancer.
You can now make and store your own canna honey at home with ease! Enjoy the health benefits of this natural sweetener combined with the therapeutic effects of cannabis.
Thanks for reading! In case of feedback or suggestions, feel free to DM us on Insta or shoot us an email.